Jon Garside is an experienced trial lawyer who handles product liability, medical malpractice, and class action litigation. He specializes in complex litigation, working to offer collaborative and creative solutions that match clients’ business objectives, while preparing for a successful trial result from day one. Jon has tried numerous cases and has successfully argued appeals in both state and federal courts.
Jon defends a large regional healthcare system in some of its most complex, high-stakes malpractice lawsuits. In the area of product liability, Jon has successfully defended manufacturers of pharmaceuticals and vaccines; medical devices; vehicles; construction, farm and industrial equipment; and petroleum products. He serves as regional trial counsel for an international manufacturer of compact construction equipment. In class actions, he has obtained favorable results for clients including an association of major health insurers, a nationally known hospital, an international automaker, and major manufacturers of both generic and prescription medicines.
- Practice Areas
- Class Action
- Medical Malpractice
- Product Liability
- J.D., Washington University School of Law, 1997
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley, 1988
- Bar | Court Admissions
- The United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- The United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- The United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- The United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- The Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- The Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals