For the past 15 years, Jason has devoted his practice exclusively to the representation of businesses of all sizes, from single member LLC’s to Fortune 500 companies.
Prior to joining Stanton | Barton LLC, Jason served as the Associate General Counsel of TLC Vision, a 500 employee company headquartered in Chesterfield, Missouri. While at TLC, Jason worked in a sophisticated business counsel group responsible for advising the company CEO and management team in all areas of operation. He gained significant expertise working as a business partner to assess strategy for making sound financial decisions while minimizing risk. Prior to joining TLC, Jason was in private practice representing a host of publicly traded and privately held corporations, including those in the construction, real estate, pharmaceutical, agricultural, heavy equipment, healthcare, medical device and transportation industries. Jason has tried cases to jury in Missouri and Illinois, and has extensive experience in both litigation and litigation management.
Jason’s practice includes counseling and advising clients in all stages of formation and growth. He is a performance driven, results oriented, strategic, proactive, creative and responsive business partner for his clients. His expertise includes:
- corporate formation, entity choice, operating agreements and corporate governance
- employment and human resource issues, including non-competition and trade secret compliance
- franchise agreements
- contract evaluation, contract management and contract systems analysis
- regulatory compliance with particular expertise in HIPAA
- litigation and litigation management
- mergers, acquisitions and asset purchases
- risk management evaluation and insurance analysis
- real estate purchases, commercial leasing and construction
- credit facilities and credit agreements
- corporate and employee training
When not advising companies on legal issues, Jason enjoys spending time with his wife Cari and two daughters, biking and rooting for the St. Louis Cardinals and Iowa Hawkeyes.
Jason graduated with distinction from the University of Iowa School of Law in 2000. In law school, he was a member of the Journal of Corporation Law. He graduated cum laude from Truman State University in 1996 with a Bachelor of Arts in Communication and a minor in Psychology.
- Practice Areas
- Business Consulting
- Corporate Governance & Entity Formation
- Business Litigation
- J.D., University of Iowa School of Law, 2000 with distinction
- B.A., Truman State University, 1996 cum laude
- Bar | Court Admissions
- Missouri State Courts
- Illinois State Courts
- Missouri Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Claims & Ligitation Management Alliance
- Webster Groves, Shrewsbury & Rock Hill Chamber of Commerce