Annie Bode focuses her practice on product liability, personal injury and wrongful death litigation. She joined Stanton | Barton LLC as a Senior Associate in 2018 with ten years of experience as a litigator.
Before joining Stanton | Barton LLC, Annie was a litigation associate at several large defense firms. Annie has litigated cases on behalf of manufacturers, retailers, premise owners, construction contractors, and healthcare and other professional service providers in state and federal courts throughout Illinois and Missouri.
Annie attended St. Louis University School of Law as an 1843 Scholar (full tuition scholarship). While in law school, she was as a Faculty Fellow for two Distinguished Professors of Health Law. She served as an intern to the Honorable Chief Judge G. Patrick Murphy, United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois, and at Legal Services of Eastern Missouri. She received Academic Excellence Awards for receiving the highest grades in Health Law and Income Tax of Trusts and Estates.
Prior to attending law school, Annie was a scientific research assistant at a renowned not-for-profit biomedical research facility. She worked with other scientists on long-term, federally funded projects using non-human primate models to investigate the genetic, hormonal, and environmental factors that contribute to temperament/mental health, stress, social functioning, and maternal behavior. In addition to biology, Annie majored in economics in undergrad. Her background is particularly useful in understanding and analyzing potential damages in litigation, both medical and monetary.
In her free time, Annie enjoys exploring St. Louis, travelling, cooking, yoga, and spending time with her two Whippets.
Rainmaking: What Is It and Where Can It Take You? Chapter In: Women Rainmakers-Roadmap to Success, October 2014 (DRI e-Book)
- Practice Areas
- Product Liability
- Fire Science Litigation
- Personal Injury & Wrongful Death
- Tort &famp; Premises Liability
- J.D., S. Louis University School of Law, 2008
- B.S., Trinity University (San Antonio, TX), cum laude, 2002
- Bar | Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- Texas State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers (Trial Academy graduate)